The connection conditions set out procedural and technical rules, principles and conditions for the following persons, proceeding from the Electricity Market Act, Grid Code on the functioning of the electricity system, the Grid Code, the RfG, and the DCC.
- customers connecting to the national transmission system;
- consumers and producers connected to the national transmission system and to whose power grid, type A, B, C or D generating modules will be connected;
- consumers connected to the national transmission system and to whose power grid a electricity consumer that is not self-supply of generating module will be connected,and which requires a modification and/or configuration necessary for fulfilling the conditions described in clause 5.6;
- to distribution grid companies to whose power grid type A, B, C, D generating modules will be connected;
- producers whose type B, C or D generating modules will be connected to the distribution grid company’s power grid.
Categorization of generating modules:
- type A generating modules – voltage at the connection point is under 110 kV and the electrical maximum capacity is less than 0.5 MW;
- type B generating modules - voltage at the connection point is under 110 kV and the electrical maximum capacity is at least 0.5 MW but under 5 MW;
- type C generating modules - voltage at the connection point is under 110 kV and the electrical maximum capacity is at least 5 MW but under 15 MW;
- type D generating modules - voltage at the connection point at least 110 kV and the electrical maximum capacity is at least 15 MW.
Connection processes launched starting 1 July 2019 are governed by the standardized terms and conditions for connecting to Elering’s electricity transmission system (hereinafter connection conditions) approved by the Competition Authority’s decision no. 7-10/2019-003 of 30 May 2019.
Elering amended clause 188.8.131.52.1 of the standard terms and conditions of connection to the electricity transmission system of Elering AS (hereinafter the connection conditions) on 1 July 2019.
The amendments provide for specifications to the applicable wording of the connection conditions with the purpose of simplifying the conduct of assessment of conformity to the Grid Code of power-generating devices connected to the network of Elering with an output of up to 5 MW. This means that pursuant to the currently applicable connection conditions, clients are also able to substantiate their conformity on the basis of a certificate issued by an authorised certifier in order to reduce the physical tests for conformity as required in the Grid Code. The amended condition allows for substantiating the capacity of performing a fault-ride-through (FRT) test on the basis of simulations for power-generating modules with an output of up to 5 MW.
The aforesaid amendment entered into force on 11 January 2021.