Conditions for endorsement of type C generating modules
Connection of the type C generating modules to be connected to the distribution network must be approved by Elering and for this purpose, the data required by legislation and the standardised terms and conditions for connecting to Elering’s electricity transmission system must be submitted to Elering and the functioning of the measurement and remote control signals to be transmitted in real time must be guaranteed.
The endorsement of type C generating modules is a paid service, for which the producer must pay a processing fee of 2,000 euros + VAT. Elering will issue this invoice within three working days of being contacted by the producer, and the term for paying the processing fee is 21 days.
The producer must pay the invoice for the processing fee at least 30 days before the requested synchronisation of the generating module and email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval by Elering:
- single-line diagram from the production module to the connection point between the distribution system operator and the transmission system operator (also includes data on the production module’s cable and transformer);
- technical parameter data sheets issued by the manufacturer for each different type of generating facility in the generating module;
- the basic data on the generating module pursuant to clause 220.127.116.11 of Annex 1 of the connection conditions;
- the project of communication connection to the control centre of the energy system according to point 3.7 of the guideline on subscription conditions “Data exchange requirements related to the client’s electrical installation“;
- list of the measurement and remote control signals transmitted to the control centre of the energy system according to the table Volume of Signals of Type C Generating Modules given in Chapter 6 of the guidelines on connection conditions “Requirements for exchange of data related to customer’s electrical installation”.
The TSO will start reviewing the documents submitted by the producer for approval after the payment of the invoice for the processing fee has been received.
Before the synchronisation of the generating module, the producer must:
- obtain the TSO’s approval of the documents submitted to Elering for approval seven days before the synchronisation;
- create a communication connection with the control centre of the power system and test the transmission of the real time measurement and remote control signals with the TSO.
In order to open a communication connection, the producer must email the request for opening the communication connection to email@example.com at least seven days before establishment of the requested communication connection after obtaining the approval for the communication connection design, and indicate the contact person of the producer in respect of data communication, the name of the site and the date when they would like the communication connection to be established. The TSO will forward the keys required for the establishment of the VPN tunnel to the producer within five working days. After the producer has configured its communication equipment, an appointment must be made with the TSO for testing the communication connection at least one working day in advance.
The producer and the power system control centre must test the measurement and remote control signals of the generating module operating in parallel with the system that are transmitted in real time.
After conformity testing, the producer must submit to the TSO a verified PSS/E model, and in the case of generating modules over 10 MW, the PSCAD model as well, each prepared in accordance with the guidelines Requirements for preparation and modelling of the customer’s electrical design project.
The final operational notification will be issued for the generating module after the confirmation given by Elering to the distribution system operator about the absence of complaints from the TSO with regard to the functioning of the real-time measurement and remote-control signals transmitted to the electricity system control centre by the producer in real time and with regard to the submission of the PSCAD models in the case of verified PSS/E and over 10 MW generating modules.