Category B and C gas installations (if technical conditions permit) and category D gas installations (over 0.1 bar consumers) can connect to the transmission network.
For producer installations, only category D installations can connect (all producers whose connection points are established at over 16 bar pressure)
Connecting to the gas network is regulated by:
- the Natural Gas Act
- ”Conditions for connecting to the gas transmission network at Elering AS” (in Estonian) (effective 1 December 2017, established by Elering management board decision no. 88-4 of 30 November 2017)
- “Methodology for calculating connection fee for the Elering AS gas transmission network “ (in Estonian) (approved by Competition Board decision no. 7-10/2017-017 of 3 November 2017).
Submission of applications
Application for preliminary investigation
Upon submission of an application for preliminary investigation, the customer shall be sent the technical conditions wthin 90 days of the acceptance of the application. The technical conditions give the client an overview of the volume of construction works necessary to ensure the network connection, the amount of network fee, the expected time needed to complete the connection, capacity of the transmission network and/or connection point, pertinent data on the situation of the transmission network gas system and other technical requirements.
These technical conditions are non-binding and were prepared in light of the connection contract offers made by Elering and connection contracts concluded by Elering at the time that the conditions were issued. Elering has the right to amend the technical conditions as well upon later processing of the connection or upon application for a new preliminary investigation.
Submission of application for preliminary investigation and obtaining technical conditions is free of charge for the customer.
In the connection application, the customer must set out the required technical data for its gas installation and its consumption and/or production conditions. The customer must pay a processing fee in order to obtain a connection offer.
The connection offer shall be presented to the customer within 90 days of acceptance of the connection application, and the offer shall be in force for 180 days.
The material parts of the process of joining the Elering gas network are:
- Technical possibilities for connecting
- Structure of connection fees
- Submission of the connection application and entering into a connection contract
- Establishing connection and opening of initial gas flow
- Quality of gas fed into the transmission network by producers
|Head of the Unit||Mirjam Pihlak||715 1309||Mirjam.Pihlak@elering.ee|
|Project Manager||Sander Sorts||715 1157||Sander.Sorts@elering.ee|
|Project Manager||Andres Malõšev||715 1303||Andres.Malosev@elering.ee|
|Project Manager||Indrek Martin||715 1306||Indrek.Martin@elering.ee|
|Project Manager||Ranet Mikko||715 1226||Ranet.Mikko@elering.ee|