Elering’s work to keep the electricity system functioning and the investments needed to ensure security of supply are demanded directly by the Electricity Market Act, the Grid Code, the national development plan for the energy industry and the government approved development plan for the electricity industry.
Elering plans its investments based on the general public interest in ensuring the technical operation of the electricity system, the security of supply and the requirements of a functioning electricity market.
Investments 1010-2022, M€
(click on the picture to see it bigger)
Elering's investment goals:
- Investments supporting security of supply;
- Investments supporting the development of the electricity market (interconnections);
- Ensuring sufficient capacity to allow for new connections and load growth;
- Stopping the aging of the system;
- Improving reliability (voltage quality and outages);
- Increasing company efficiency, reducing losses;
- Connecting new clients (consumers, producers).
The creation of the investment budget is a justified selection of investment objects, based on necessity, economic viability, and compliance with the Electricity Market Act and other legislation.
Defining priority investments involves the creation of technological and economic justifications, as well as a ranking table of substations and power lines that require renovation. Elering contributes significantly to the improvement of the security of supply and quality of electricity across Estonia.